蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Care of elderly - blessing late OR late blessing

Am learning about the medications or care aspects of elderly / cancer patients for these few weeks after Easter.

Suddenly feel that this is not just about giving medicines and to make sure they can be cured - there's a point when actually it's just meant to relieve symptoms rather than curing.

It's a big challege if I will have the luck to apply any of it in the future - however I am wondering how I am going to approach it if I am being asked for.

Learning about all the biological changes as you get older - wrinkles, muscle wasting...it will happen to all of us, eventually, as we are mortal - yet I think of grandma and mum suddenly in the lecture...I have to admit that I used to treat grandma quite badly just because she was...well, a bit of elderly issue - confused, sometimes get irritable easier - but I never try to understand her - only after that few lectures I suddenly realise, may be she does not want to if she has the choice either - but all the biological changes, from hair, to brain, down towards the very end of the leg - it's just part of la vie, and neither of us can have control over it.

Suddenly feel so grateful to be able to learn Pharmacy - I get to review the body systems, care aspects of individuals, which sometimes makes me to think deeper in a few aspects of life, with people surrounding me - I am sure I won't have the time to think and feel if I am a medicine student, and will only think 'this and that as part of a big system' if I am an engineer...

OK, may be I am bit sentimental, may be I am a bit too free - but sometimes being able to take a step back and think back about your life, which hopefully will give you a chance to improvise your practice and make you a better person - I believe is a blessing...

***

And the final few weeks in University - only suddenly I see that 'not every words in the lecture has to be copied down' - each person is different - just take whatever you need, especially if relevant to your life or future practice.

I am not sure whether finally:

It is a blessing yet it comes so late to my life :(

OR

It comes so late to my life yet it is a blessing :)

I think I will choose the latter. How about you? ^^



 

No comments: