蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Monday 14 January 2013

Ice@Bath

It's the moment for anotehr new experience in my life - iceeeeeeeee skaaaaaaaaaatinggg!!!!!!!!!! Yeay~

Thanks to mon bon ami that still willing to accompany me, on that day.

After finished my works on that day, rushed home, got changed and finally - Victoria Park Ice Skating session!

It's a small space and there was lots of people, at least that's what my friend told me. The scale was a quarter of the one that we have in Malaysia (Sunway Pyramid, specifically).

To be honest I cannot imagine how huge the ice-skating venue in Sunway will be then. Yet at least, for that moment, it did not matter.

What I expected at the end happened anyway- I managed to move but I did not master the skills at the end anyway. As usual I am not that sporty (haise...).

Surprisingly I had a great time anyway. I did 'almost' fell down for a few times but as I always travelled near the wall I always have some kind of support which was absolutely essential, at least for me.

A stranger (indeed, STRANGER) was so nice to me. When her friend was a having a break, she quickly grabbed me (of course with my permission, please lah) and brought me to swing towards the centre and make a 'round'. It's my first and last attempt to 'skate' that well to be honest.

The feeling of skating, although tiring, was wonderful and interesting to me. It's like you are walking but without your feet touching the ground. You made the move, it seems easy but actually, at least for myself, you tried so hard not to fall down, which I am not sure if it's a great idea to be honest as people do say: You need to fall before you learn to 'walk'...

The thing that amase me the most is the fact that people did support each other during the ice-skating session. People would allow you to pass through if they realise you need to. Sometimes they even make ways for me automatically as they realise I need it, at some point. People did checked if you were alright. One of the mummy even laughed at me because she gave up after her first attempt. I suppose her main purpose to come was to photograph her children anyway. She kept smiling at me and said twice or thrice (I think): 'Wow, you haven't gave up. I gave up.' Will the same thing happen if I skate at Malaysia? I can pray, honestly, but God will decide eventually, which is what usually happen, anyway...

In short I did have a great time although I did had muscle pain for about 3 days after that and had to use patches for that so that I can continue with my project (what a great student ^^)...LOL~ I am more than thankful at that moment for God to bless me with the perfect legs and everything because otherwise I would not be able to do anything above. I was wondering for example for those whom are wheelchair bound - they see the world at a different level compared to us, which is sad sometimes - as what I have learnt from 'On Call 36 Hours'...

Rou even reminded me how grateful I should be for the opportunity to choose and to have the proper university life experience. It's a chance in a lifetime. While I was showered with all the blessings, I wished her wishes can be granted as well, although I know 'kita berdoa, Tuhan menentukan'...

I may not end up having many great contacts or freunden like what some of my colleagues/friends are having. However I have those that really know me well and whom I can depend on when I need to, - which is indeed, I suppose, another genuine blessing. I know not all blessings are permanent but because of that I want to be thankful and enjoy whatever I have now. They are the one that give me the strength to move on when I feel I cannot. Perhaps most importantly, just to let me feel that 'you are not alone'. What will happen when I am back to Malaysia later then? I hope, I pray, but yeah, God will decide, at the end.

Jack x
 

No comments: