蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Friday 25 January 2013

Project's Reflection

Just been back after chatting with Shaun today, for at least 2.5 hours.

While keep thinking on how to improve my project 'draft' all the time, I suddenly realise there's so many that I 'have learnt' from it, and hence I decide to 'jot down' my thoughts instantly before I put them into the deepest side of my 'memory drawers'. However when you see this, it has been kept aside for several days before I publish this, and I choose not to put this on Facebook, as people may feel that I am 'showing off'...

Basically I was engaged in the research of the effects of hyperglycaemia (high blood glucose level) on rat aorta (blood vessel in the heart that pumps blood to the whole body) this semester. Seriously I am amazed by myself on how I was able to put those idea into my final report, which strictly speaking, I believe I would not be able to simply think about it before/during the research process itself.

I am not sure if my previous effort especially on the comprehensive library research is 'worth the effort' eventually. May be yes. Honestly speaking my research itself involved quite simple repetitive procedures. However never I would imagine that we can come up with such complicated explanation for the final result at the end...as I told you just few seconds before...

Also...I think I am one of the few 'lucky' person that really understand the meaning of 'research' now - a process of finding answer for the unknown when in fact you may not know what should come up next. Not sure if a research that you always what are you doing always, or for the next steps can be called 'research'. In my case, it is simply a case of responding to previous result. What's your result today determine what you going to do tomorrow, for example...

Also, the whole point of research, may be, is not to report everything that you do and see. It's about selecting the 'most significant' materials, relevent to your own study and apply it where/when necessary. Therefore it's not a literature review. In our research we attempted so many combinations but we only managed to report/comment on a few as others were just...insignificant? Honestly 'insignificant' is not the most correct word as well but may be because we have word count limit as well, anyway...

Honestly it's a really 'good' challenge for myself, I should admit. I also should admit I learn more from the writing up process than just doing the experiment. There's so many to consider, so many to include, so many to avoid as well, in that limited amount of space...

Watched 'Love Come Home' on 21 January (2013) and learned that there's two types of people in life - those that emphasise on outcome, and those that emphasise on process - of course a nice outcome is what everyone will naturally expect - however isn't the process itself is important as well? I used to be this kind of 'outcome' person. However, thinking the other way, even if you don't have the most favourable outcome - it's the process itself that actually made you grow maturer...

Thinking back, I'm glad I got an easy-going supervisor. He's not the best in the universe (of course) but he did attempt to help whenever suitable, as well as providing me with great flexibility so that I can fulfill other commitments, which I am grateful for...His patience and tolerance, together with my brilliant groupmates that contributed directly and indirectly as well, really made up my whole research semester. All the laughter and smile, and sometimes, worry or even frustration, would be part of my memory - may not be as grand as others - may not be as interesting as others - but that's truly mine -

C'est ma vie!





No comments: