蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Miri - A Moment of Thought ...

This is my 3rd day at Miri, the second largest city at Sarawak state, Malaysia.

This is a quite-big city actually, just that the roads are sooooooo long, and the buildings seems quite far from each other, especially when they are not centralized, hence giving us a feeling that “Miri is a quite-big” city.

Still stayed at my uncle’s house today.  This is my mom’s youngest brother. And he is married to a Melanau woman. LOL~ so again it is a harmonious blend of languages, religions and cultures. That’s why I always said that Sabah and Sarawak are the states where 1Malaysia is really seriously practiced, PERPADUAN KAUM, INTEGRASI NASIONAL…Haha…Well, feel so lucky to stay at these states, although it’s obviously inconvenient to travel back and fro each time to Peninsular Malaysia for thousands reasons, you just can’t deny the peace and tranquility here…so nice =)

Meanwhile, everything is quite Ok, just that his only son aka the second child is very very naughty, and that makes me very very ‘big head’ / 头大!I even suspect that he may, (I repeat: MAY) got ADHD, a type of hyper-active disorder, which is also the disorder that haunted some of my friends when they are young. Well, patients need to take some form of medications to control their active-ness. If not controlled, later in the future they will be classified as “bad-student”, and bad reputation, lack of confidence plus lack of concentration is definitely not good for their development…

Then there is another story of my two cousins. Each of them is married to Iban guy, and each got 2 children. Well, I can see that the child of my elder cousin is actually some sort of quite-lazy, and that’s something that I really usually can’t bare with! If you tried and failed, at least you tried…But if you never tried and say that you can’t, tak boleh, then perhaps you wanna re-think about the decision? I mean, you will never know the boundaries of your own real potentials before you have taken the real action, right? Sometimes miracles do happen in our life. Expecting the unexpected, LOL~

So what I wanna really comment is I think my cousin should give an eye on the development of her children. Of course it’s can’t denied that my elder cousin doesn’t receive too-high education, yet I don’t think that’s reasons for not following the education level of their children. As parents, your responsibilities are not only to raise the child up till his/her adulthood, but education also is a very must, be it formally or not formally…家庭教育比学校教育更重要!Personally I myself very agree with this statement!

So if your child can’t read Malay properly, the best way is to start with knowing ba-be-bi-bo-bu, ca-ce-ci-co-cu, etc etc… Then you start with knowing words, short sentences, etc etc…Then some practice, of course! It’s better to be by the side of your children, not only can enhance the closeness between parent and children, but also is a very positive form of encouragement to your children, make them feel that they are loved and appreciated. And believe me, they will feel more involved in the activities that they are doing with you! Therefore, perhaps parents are busy and very tired after going back from works, yet perhaps a 30-minutes session is also better than none at all, right?

That’s what I can think about education. Therefore the child should be educated properly, knowing ABC and 123 is just too important for their development in the future…Therefore no parents should neglect their responsibilities in giving their children formal education. 再穷也不能穷教育!

And when looking at the children, a sense of pity suddenly arises from my heart. I start to think back about their bad experience…Imagine that these are your children, yet due to some bureaucracy procedures, you as the father just can’t have your name on their birth cert. Well, a bad thing not only for yourself, but also for the children…I wonder…hopefully they will manage to sort the legal problem out very soon…

Children are just so petite and cute…But after having the very bad experience with my nephew, this is not a suitable moment yet to get a child. I still have other more important responsibilities to be fulfilled. Studies, followed by obligation to my mom and my dear maternal aunty, then my obligation to my siblings. No matter how they ignore me sometimes, they are still my dearest siblings, I’m looking forward to see them each getting into the universities. Based on their present level now, I believe they can, now it really depends on each of themselves (individually) to open their mind and take the very important – ACTIONS!

A fussy long story on education. What’s wrong with me today??? Haiz…

Miri – still here…wondering…







***   Back to nest ZZZzzz   ***








No comments: