蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Holiday Ends Soon ......

After live on this Planet Earth for almost 1/5 of a century, I realize other than human, animals, plants, organisms…There’s something more, beyond that…and our understanding towards them are just so so so limited…Yet no matter what, it’s important to live respectfully with each other =)

***

It’s time for another updates!

Today I receive a surprise present from one of my student, Fikah ~

 


Hahaha…it’s a set of colourful, lovely Kuih Raya!













Thanks Fikah! It’s not just a simple kuih raya, it sweeps my sadness away, too!

And of course, it’s quite tasty, especially when eaten with your siblings!

***

Today our lesson starts very early, 9 a.m. , yeap, the earliest in my tuition history, as requested by my ‘lovely’ students, on this Malaysia Day!

Well, I only wake up at 8 a.m. , therefore still a little bit sleepy…yet recover quite soon as well, escaping breakfast, as I have to prepare he exercise materials first! Well, that’s because I don’t prepare it one night beforehand (I fall asleep, OK?! I’m very tired last night…)

Only after giving exercises to them, completing the notes, only then I start to have my breakfast quietly, at a tiny corner in the kitchen…(well, fine, I deserve it! No objection, at all!)

And officially I will say good bye to one of my student, which is the bright student from MRSM Kinarut, Sabah, today. Yeap, initially I do feel quite like nothing also, yet later I start to have a feeling of “hais, time flies so fast, it’s mid-September, and I’ll have a student left me now…and next week, another 4 will left as they finish their UPSR at next Wednesday…”

Jackie I: 别执着, 人生无常啊!

Jackie II: 是的是的

Don’t worry guys, I haven’t got Bipolar Disorder yet, I think…LOL~

Yet as I re-check his last Mathematics exercise from me, I realize there are a lot of careless mistakes! What the…… Hais, nothing to say, reminded over and over again, and I can only speak to his mommy later…Initially aunty asked me:

“Should I send him for this night too?”

“Erm…no need I think, as I have covered the Form 3 Science, as requested, too..”
“Lagipun, saya rasa dia tidak mau tu. Biarlah, besok pun dia mau pulang sudah kan? Biarlah malam ni dia sama family dia dulu…”
(Plus, I don’t think he wants…Never mind…Tomorrow he’ll back to school right? Let him spend this night with his family…)

“Bah, bah…” (Fine, fine…in Sabah typical dialect)
“Tau pula kau perangai anak aunty ni, sebenarnya memang awal-awal lagi dia cakap sama saya dia tidak mau pigi malam ni…”
(You quite know my son’s behaviour. Actually he has said to me earlier that he doesn’t want to attend the session tonight…)

Hey, I may spend only about 2 weeks with him, yet I can see that, although he’s an obedient son, he seems quiet, yet he doesn’t spend 100% concentration on what I said, sometimes…I have to admit, partially, is because, I’m a quite boring teacher, yet another undeniable reason, is due to his own nature…He’s not a quiet person actually, he’ll talk, chat with whoever he’s familiar with…(In short, don’t, don’t cheated by him!)

So my final responsibility will be to remind his mom to keep an eye on him, loh…remind him to be more careful when dealing with Maths, and to finish his Geography exercise, which actually has covered for the PMR Geography!

And the science, has been covered till some of the Form 3 syllabus as well, as requested…Thanks to my human physiology, I managed to explain to him the basic concept of blood circulation, respiration, and excretion, quite successfully! Hey hey ^^

Yet he’s still ‘blur blur’ sometimes…I said many times already: For human and / or mammal’s heart:

Right part – Deoxygenated blood
Left part – Oxygenated blood
Upper part – Atrium / Auricle
Lower part – Ventricle

Thanks to my students, now I learn something new, at least at this holiday…So at least it is not wholly wasted…one month really wasted…one month on vacation…and one month on partial work…sounds semi-productive, indeed! So salary also partial only, loh~

Due to a partial obligation I have less night-outs compared to last year, yet isn’t that a great thing, actually? Indeed I become moe appreciative of each gatheings with my friends, thanks to those that willing to find me at this holiday! To those that will be back soon to Kota Kinabalu, UM, Maktab, Singapore, etc etc…Thanks for a nice gathering at this year =)

***

Today I’m taught by a one of student on how to produce the Mathematics Multiplication Table (Malay: Sifir ; Chinese-Mandarin: 乘法表).

For 9:

09
18
27
36
45
54
63
72
81
90

The method is to write 0 to 9 in down in the ‘left’ column, followed by filling 9 to 0 down accordingly in the ‘right’ column…well, the trick works, indeed!

For 8:

08
16
24
32
40
48
56
64
72
80

Write 0 to 8 down in the ‘left’ column, yet the ‘4’ has to be repeated twice.
Then write 0,2,4,6,8 up in the right column, stop, and then re-write 0,2,4,6,8 up again.
The trick works, again!

Never think of that, really! Since we’re asked (or forced) to memorize the multiplication table since primary school years…

Now let me try for 7 ya… :

07
14
21
28
35
42
49
56
63

OK, I think I have discovered the pattern here:

At the left column, write 0 to 6 downwards, with 2 and 4, repeated twice.

At the right column, write 3,6,9 upwards, stop, followed by 2,5,8 upwards, stop, followed by 1,4,7 upwards!

3,6,9 and 2,5,8 plus 1,4,7 orders can be discovered from your calculator or your handphone (will traditional numbered keypad, of course! QWERTY keypad won’t work, my dear!)

Interesting discovery, indeed!

If I choose to become a High School Mathematics Teacher and not pharmacist, perhaps I’ll discover more fun behind the world of Mathematics! Yet what’s past, has past…I have chosen to come to Bath and not Portsmouth…although both are situated at western/southern part of England, United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)…
 
***

Recently while watching CBML (a comedy Hong Kong Movie with setting: Tang Dynasty, ancient China), I discovered that my sister is noting down something as she’s watching the movie…that’s interesting…writing while watching a movie,… A synopsis? A commentary? A what???

Later when I discover, OK, it’s a list of...new words…She has recorded all the words that she doesn’t know or recognize, so that she can check the dictionary later!

Indeed when I realize this, I’m speechless, really…

Touched…

Why my SPM brother just can’t be half of that?

Therefore looking at the old Chinese Dictionary that has been bought by my mom when I am 12 years old…It’s just too old already, with missing pages…and well…I have to admit that my siblings are not as careful as me in watching books…Thanks for mommy, I’m glad to own that dictionary as it really helps me, as I have participated in 华语笔试比赛 at that year…Dictionary is essential to widen my vocabulary =) Mom’s RM33 at that time certainly worth it =)

So later when I have escaped to Kota Kinabalu, one of the missions is o get a new dictionary for my sister…I buy a new one, with thicker book cover, so that it’ll last longer, I hope…

This time after almost 10 years, inflation cause the new edition of the dictionary to be priced at RM55, ok, and even with discounts, it’s still RM50…Yet I think, and I believe, it’ll worth again, this time, although dear mommy may complaint at me, “why got new books, again???!!!”

Whatever-lah…She’ll forgive me de ~

***

Falls soon.

Will Winter Seasonal Disorder come, again?

It’s always summer at Malaysia, yet it’s not the same at UK

Well, as I hear the sound of falling leaves…

Nope…Nope…Nope…




***   Till then =)   ***


No comments: