蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Thursday 11 October 2012

Project's Reflection

I start the 'research project' this semester - which will be for about 2-3 months.

With some kind of fate and again, inconfidence in myself - I finally engaged in the pharmacology research now - to investigate the respiratory mechanism.

Only this year I start to feel that I can see the real truth in research - it's really to investigate something that we don't (really) know to reveal another truth of the Mother Nature.

When I was in my school, and even in the 1st few years in the university, all the experiments were done for the sake of doing it - we just follow the procedures as described in the workbook, and then submit a report (if needed), and yeah, that's it.

While now, it's kind of a very different perspective - we try to investigate something with our 1st experiment, and with the result and some consideration with the latest experimental result - we will consider how to carry out the 2nd one, and so on...In short, there is no definite full stop for our research. Perhaps this is the real face of research in everyday life - as carried out by those professional researcher...compared to those that may have been expert for years, what we are doing now is definitely is just a very small amount then...

See a rat to be killed everyday is not that nice, to be honest. The moment before, it was taken from the cage, then it was comforted gently, and then - killed humanely! Now I see why the animal rights fighters are that noisy - may be the animals have the right to live peacefully and happily as we the human. Therefore when you see each medicine that you (or other people) are taking now, be appreciative to those animals - especially rats, rabbits and monkeys that had been sacrificed...

Start to carry a research on your own, with a whole set of experimental apparatus, in front of you, and you are 'so called' in charge of everything - is 'kind of' a nice feeling that this is really a research, eventually. To be honest, I never ever dreamed that I will be able to be here today, and to start to pick up the confidence gradually - to do a proper research.

A 'pharmacology pharmacist' - while pharmacists are trained to be knowledgeable in pharmacology - not everyone of us have that single chance to enter the pharmacology lab and start to be engaged in those pharmacology works - honestly the feeling of just reading it and doing it - is totally different! I appreciate the fact that The Pharmacy Department is able to provide us with the facilities and chance to do research, also, in microbiology, pharmacy practice, biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics and pharmacoepidemiology/drug safety.

I still kind of confused now - however I realise I have to be responsible, definitely, for all my actions. And I know, eventually, that is the compulsory route, towards adulthood.

If I have the chance to go back to the past, I wish God will clear my mind so that I may take another route. May be I will feel the other around then. Yet yeah, the sleepless nights to all the internal dilemma to make a decision in the end - the pain and sacrifice behind it - I guessed no other people will know rather than the person him/herself.

 

No comments: