蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Thursday 23 December 2010

Barcelona _ still in the trip, yet some small updates

It´s the 3rd day in Barcelona, Catalonia, Español / España...

It´s so great to just be able to type out the ñ symbol directly from the Spanish Keyboard! If you wanna do that at England (that not using the ´ñ´ symbol, I wonder you have be undergo more steps by going to some special settings of symbols in Microsoft Word, bla bla bla...

Begoña...
España...
Cataloña...
Español...

LOL...

¿No need to sleep ah? ¿Update blog like crazy in the middle of the trip?

¡Yes! ¡Again! As you can see, Spanishs even have double question mark and double exclaimation mark to express their emotions, at the beginning and at the end of the sentence, respectively...Again, the ¡ and ¿ only can be found on Spanish keyboard...´Tres Jolie!´ (This is French...)

OK, too many small details...

And recently some of our team members are quite unwell...CE is developing some indigestion, with N&V (Nausea and vomiting...very important abbreviations for phramacists guys! Don´t say that I don´t teach you later...LOL...)...And get better...and it MAY be due to adverse ´food´interaction, as someone (oops, some 3) had a nice combination of hot chocolate and Spanish gelato aka ice cream yesterday...so...

At the same time, JH is developing some sore throat and fever and worst, Aspirin and Paracetamol just never working for him...so...I wonder...well...quite serious drugs resistance...is it due to the metabolizer effect, as in Pharmacogenomics??? Well...

And WC is developing quite severe diarrohea...with backache, slight fever, inflammation (??)...quite serious...and I have no suggestion at all...

Truthfully speaking I learnt more about be empathetic to patient really today. A great lesson. When WC is describing his symptoms and just wanna get everyone´s opinion everyone just seems to ignore him... sad story I will say... Some of my friends said that they are not GP / Doctors so they have no opinion and don´t know how to cure him, even if he described his symptoms very very clearly...

In the end when WC is doing research for his conditions via Wikipedia I approached him and just asking lightly. If he didn´t want to say anything I will just smile and go away...To my surprise he described quite clearly and i listened carefully, and at the end I can only said I can give no opinion...again, to my surprise he said that he didn´t expect a prescription or solution for his problem now...he just wanted some opinions...again, this makes me realise that actually (some) patient actually just wanna be listened and he/she will be more than grateful and happy and conspicuously that is very ideal for his mental and emotional conditions...

Smiling at the end, I just saying lightly, it´s just because I have been get used to the feeling of being ignored and so can understand his situation at that time quite well. Not to complaint anything really...everyone is just so different...and so people´s acceptance towards yourself also will vary...And i realise that I am just that type of person that easily be excluded...It´s sad sometimes, and life is about making changes to yourself, like it or not, as you have to realise one solid hard fact: You can´t change the people around you to suit you, but you can always do it to yourself, isn´t it?

Sometimes I do figure out why feeling ignored? In the end I have no choice but to accept the real fact. Escape is not a long term solution. Some said that I put not much effort. Well, sometimes life is not about 1+1=2...How do you know I didn´t put any effort? well, sometimes it´s working like the Picasso´s principles. If you are non-art lover and have no passion for it, then your travel to any art musuem on your own won´t yield any real advantages / benefits, as you just never understand how that works? If I just have no feel for it, even the best guide will be useless, really. It´s not that you have no effort, may be you try hard to succeed in the understanding yet you just CAN´T MAKE IT...

Anyway, I think I have missed tha main story...so let´s get back, sorry about that...

So I have visited quite few places these few days...Park Guell, Casa Mila (or La Pedrera), Las Ramblas, Ciutadella area, and Museo Picasso...etc etc etc...The list will go on, as we still have whole of 4th and half of 5th day...Hmm...yet I realise that I am so tired actually and have accumulated sufficient lactic acid at my feet muscles...LOL...

I just wanna talk more about Museo Picasso.

Truthfully speaking Museo Picasso is located at a strange place, which is in the middle of the very busy area of Barcelona, and it´s the old part of the city, hopefully I have not mistaken...

Initially I thought for such non-art appreciater like me, going to such Musuem should be really boring and ´what what??´ Yet to my amazement everything turns out to be so nice and wonderful, really! we got nice Spanish tourist guide to explain Picasso´s works and initial arts development, especially at Barcelona, to us, in a very brief yet interesting way, in about 1 hour time. I really enjoyed the session a lot and the 6euros is really worth I will say! I have visited many art musuems such as at Rome, Vatican City, Florence, Paris and Madrid, yet I will say the most wonderful and meaningful art-experience will be at Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia! Hahaha!

I will mention some brief history of Picasso here...

Picasso is born in Malaga, Spain and migrated to Barcelona later, at his teenage year. His father is an art teacher and he discovered the great talent of Picasso in painting. Added together with the natural art talent in Picasso himself, together with the good edcution and continuous monitoring for consistent practise from his father (Pablo), he developed his drawing and painting skills successfully and although unrecognised initially, he managed to developed his own style of painting and become famous for that!

He has undergone several years of changes where his drawing style always change, sometimes so dramatically, in just few months time! Note that this tyoe of speed is so fast for such an artist arena...And this is possible as Picasso is always so creative, imaginative and full fo passion for art!

The periods that Picasso undergone include Reformative period, Blue Period (after he couldn´t sell a single drawing and after the suicide of one of his best friend), Rose Period (hopefully I am not wrong, he fell in love with a Ballet dancer, from East Europe / Russia, thsi is when he ended his blue period, when his drawings become more positive, and when his career started to be established firmly).

One of the most influential drawing that really influence Picasso a lot is the ´La Meninas´by Velazquez (apology if any spelling error). Picasso developed the style of the drawing, from realist to artitistic, and also changed the theme of the drawing, from the palace to his own studio...

He has developed about 50++ drawings based on different style, shapes, central characters, etc just based on a single drawing. From Black and White, then he started to developed his own colours, and mostly are quite abstract in the meanings of the colours, really. Again this showed Picasso´s very great passion in art and his hardworking, plus the sense of perfectionism (I hope I am right...)

No comments: