蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Saturday 12 February 2011

Week 19: Pharmacist on Polypharmacy

It has been a long time since i never update my blog.

Anyone miss me?

I just wanna do some quick shouts here. Making a brief summary for the whole week, I suppose?

Week19 is the official week of second semester. And I have even started my first dispensing. Life is busy yet I find it very meaningful.

Wednesday: 
House hunting started for everyone! Everyone is eager about it! Well, and finally when I heard that Kenny and 194 have got nice housemates and nice house, I don;t really feel anything. Yet I know that at least they have found somewhere anyway, which is great, as I know it's partially my fault that have cause the whole splitting.

Went for the French class. Get to know some new people. and I have to carry materials for 5 extra people in the end, which sounds quite heavy. I still remember Ms. Cecile's funny face when counting the papers: un(e), deux, trois, quatre, cinq...and end with: these lazy people.

She's very nice lecturer. I just don;t really wanna let her down.

Thursday:
Tour guiding today. And initially supposed I am paired up with someone yet turned down later.
Yet don;t really nothing at the end. I suppose it's because much thing is ignorable now.
I even get to know a guy from Edinburgh during lunch time. He's very brave to come to Bath on its own! A nice, shy Chinese guy...well...
And I have to send the students and parents back to 7W2.6 Building this time, It's great to see these concerning faces of the parents really. Who don;t love their own son/daughter? I am sure every dad/mum wanna the best for their son/daughter.

Then is the great dispensing class. Make few errors and get a great lesson from it.
Finally I feel that I am really doing pharmacist's jobs now. The SOPs are really distressing but I suppose that's our obligations anyway.
Remember that POM medicines on NHS DO NOT have to be written in POM book, as it is sent to PPD /NHSBSA anyway.
And I start to blame and apreciate Sandy Wood at the same time. She's really strict, yet I know she really want me to know why we have to change the frequency of oxytetracycline from 1qds to 2bd...
And thanks to Dr Wood again that really has proven me that my GP is doing the right thing when prescribe me with Erythromycin...

And end with Dr. Moss' lectures that bring me tour around the garden...well...

Then before I go out I have a great session with my apple lady.
Apparently she's in school debate team now.
English medium somemore, wowwwwww.....
She wants we to help her with 3 topics:
1. Being an all rounder is more important than excel in exam.
2. Sex education is the main key to prevent sexual immorality.
3. Social networking sites necessitate modern human interaction.

Then is the great lab coat pub tour night.
Apparently it's a night for those Year 4 students.
Very few Year 2 students show their face, and a real thanks to my collegue that accompany me last night!
Thanks Harriet for the great Beluchi's Cooler! (Right name? hope so...)
Thanks Kevin and Mira for pulling me into the dance pool!
Apparently I start to know why English loves to spend their time in the pubs/clubs...It's quite relaxing anyway...
And I start to learn something. Perhaps sometimes it's not others don;t want to be your friend, but vice versa?

And well, who cares if I go back at 12am or 1am or 2am, the lecture at the following morning is at 10.15am, anyway...

Friday:
Today we start another lecture on DNA cutting and pasting.
It's a revision of the A Level biology - last chapter (old syllabus) anyway.
Terms that we may have forgotten are staggered cut, restriction endonuclease (I said like this because if you realise they are not really in AB's lecture notes!)

And the we go to Fresher's Fair and we even end up with getting some condoms. I doubt I will use them anyway. Hahaha~
Then it's a small meeting with one of the tutor. Her smile is really promising. I may talk random things with her but what I value is not the usefulness of the content, yet is how actually some of the tutor can be so nice.
I still remembered one of my friend told me before that the lecturer may be pretending.
Well, that's sad then but s/he still doing a nice thing by pleasing his/her students. I believe that will bring positive impacts for their studies.
Plus, everyone will be tired of acting too much. Life is a drama indeed yet I know that naturality is the best policy.

Then I learnt that I even have to start ibuprofen now.
Yes, analgesic with anti-inflammatory effects, NSAID - Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
I suddenly wondering why in my Uni. life I have to encounter so many medicines. Even more than when I was in my hometown...
I am really a 'great' pharmacist. I must be very empathetic with my patients as I have so many medications now. NOT really polypharmacy as I am not taking multiple medications at the same time.
I even thinking of getting some herbal sleeping pills yet again, perhaps I don't really need them.
Do I need to take all the of medications that I have learnt?
Hopefully, NOOOOOOO...
I write this now as I have to remind myself to get ibuprofen tomorrow.
And in this case paracetamol is not a good choice as what I really want is the anti-inflammatory effects.

Then is a short session of house hunting that is 'great'.
I am tired yet I learnt valuable lesson.
I start to know what I really want in my life, and I realise that I am leading my own direction.

I won;t describe how to get the thinking process.
Because anyway, perhaps it's the moment to rest the brain now.
I don;t want to get excitoxicity or neurodegeneration...

Close my eyes...

Hasta la vista!

Avoir a bon week-end!

No comments: