蓝天白云下

Sunshine ^^ Rainbow ^^ Aurora ~

Life, moves on :)

Friday 14 January 2011

The Story of My Name + Sin Yee's Birthday

Jackie Ho

Hmm, even at facebook, there's 165 people with such name (few months ago...)...

Nothing special...

Yet one of my friend suddenly trigger my interest to write about it, today...

As I can't write in Chinese now, bare with my so that I can finish this story later, very soon, I promised =)

***

Jackie, an English name.
Universal, as Mr.Tan claimed, can be for male, female, BOTH...
Aiyo, so I am a boy or a girl?
What the...anyway, it got thousand different versions, also.
Jacky, Jackey, Jacqueline, and simply, Jack =)

Jackie, is a name given by my aunty.
Hmm, perhaps she knows that I will go to UK one day, so she put it in advance so that British can call my name easier?
Don;t really think so, and quite special as I am the only one having English name as official name among my siblings.
It can be good: It's really easy for people to call my name...
It can be bad: Need to write slightly more for applications...

Anyway, Jackie is a good name, should be.

Yet, in my memory, it's not my name until I was 12, I suppose.
Why? Because when I am in Kindergarden and Primary schools, the people registered me as Ho C.K., without my "Jackie", and since I have an official Chinese name, 志康,I am called either Ho C.K. or my Chinese name, till I was 12.

A little bit strange, yet when I saw my 'Jackie' on my birth cert when I was 12, a little bit, slightly shocked.

Then I adopt the name for UPSR, and then, from High School onwards, I am Jackie, till now.

And adopting British style, I prefer 'Jack' sometimes, shorter, and it sounds nice, that's what I think-lah.

志康,ambition to be healthy. Suppose this name is quite correct, as I think my immune system is quite strong, anyway. At least I have less colds, flus, than others, and I should be grateful.

Suppose health is a state of well-being either physically, emotionally, spiritually...I think I achieved those, till I was 20, or 21?

Not healthy enough since adulthood? Sarcastically? Huh?

I missed to be called "Khong". You can call it in the second or third sound in Mandarin Chinese.
That's my "cutie call" in my family. I missed those warm calls...
Even my siblings call me Jackie now...hmm... I think they always call me in that way isn't? Or they just call me "ko-ko" sometimes (unofficial call for 'brother')...I started to get confused, even in this small issue?

That's not important, anyway...I am always their responsible brother, always. =)

***

Today is Sin Yee's 22th birthday.

It reminds me that not only she, I myself is getting older and older...oopps...more mature...more mature...

It's a happy and warm atmosphere with Passion Fruit cake from Pattisierie Valerie (do I have the right spelling?). And I suppose, that's a good small break in these intense revision period.

Thanks Sin Yee's mom to make her be born on this date. Not later. Not earlier. Just nice period.

What de??? LOL~

Ok, Ok...Joking only, Joking only...

Yet suddenly I felt like humans sound keep 'crashing' my eardrum. I started to feel restless, headache...

I am sorry...I just wanna go home, at that little moment...

And sorry to leave early, and sorry to Sin Yee to play a trick on her today: make her find her present in the Kitchen's cupboards...LOL~

Happy birthday, Sin Yee!






Citation: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.billy-ball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/22nd-birthday-cake-.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.billy-ball.com/2010/07/a-miracle-was-born-on-this-date-not-strasburg-although-he-was-too/&usg=__5WXuCpgwGhKyleDa5xX7egeiKDo=&h=267&w=400&sz=28&hl=en&start=0&sig2=aZzvi9fZp5m1lMw-X7aZ8w&zoom=1&tbnid=scvJUOV1LoOybM:&tbnh=118&tbnw=168&ei=irQvTbfzO8K4jAeUsvjiCg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcake%2B22th%2Bbirthday%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D685%26tbs%3Disch:10,101&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=262&oei=fbQvTbavOYaEhQet_sSXCw&esq=6&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&tx=100&ty=62&biw=1280&bih=685

No comments: